At St. Mark’s, there are a variety of endowments and funds that have been established over the years that make up a vital portion of the revenue we depend on for our annual budget and for other designated needs. The income from these endowments and funds made up over 10% of our revenue.
Although annual giving makes up the majority of our revenue, endowments and funds provide a revenue stream that is essential now and can grow over time to accommodate our revenue needs well into the future.
Making Your Legacy Plans
There are a variety of vehicles you can use to meet your philanthropic, tax planning, and estate planning goals to benefit St. Mark’s. Contact Dina Aboul Saad, Director of Advancement, or contact clergy to discuss your plans and to ask questions. While St. Mark’s welcomes new funds that serve our Core Vocation, Feeding San Antonio with the Bread of Life, we invite you to consider giving to one of the existing funds for which we have a compelling need.
- St. Mark’s Horizon Endowment (default for endowment gifts and unrestricted bequests)
- Hall P. and Lillian R. Street Memorial Fund - building maintenance
- St. Cecilia Fund - concerts for the benefit of the broader San Antonio community and support for our Youth Choral Scholar program.
- St. Mark’s Children and Youth fund - supplemental fund for the formation of our children.
- Garden Fund - supplemental fund for the enhancement of our garden and grounds.
- Capital Improvements - supplemental fund for larger repairs and facility maintenance projects
All undesignated estate gifts are deposited into the St. Mark’s Horizon Endowment. Naming opportunities are available in accordance with our gift acceptance policy in effect at the time the gift is realized. Gifts of $100,000 or more may be used to create a new fund.
The Everett H. Jones Legacy Communion
This communion was established in 2009 and is made up of parishioners who have designated St. Mark’s in their planned giving documents. We are grateful to those who have already shared their intent with St. Mark’s. If you have already included St. Mark’s in your plans, and have not yet notified us, please contact Dina Aboul Saad or clergy so that we can include you in the Communion.